Cove Guardian Shirt - 100% Organic Cotton
Item #: 160026
Availability: In Stock
Usually ships in 5 to 7 business days
Show your support for Operation Infinite Patience by purchasing our “Cove Guardians” 100% organic cotton t-shirt. Our Cove Guardians logo was designed and created by Josh Hooten of Herbivore Clothing Company exclusively for Sea Shepherd.
The slaughter of 20,000 dolphins, porpoises, and small whales occurs in Taiji, Japan each year. Starting on September 1st and usually continuing through March of the next year, fishermen herd whole families of dolphins and small whales into shallow bays and mercilessly stab and drown them to death. A small number are sold to aquariums, where they are subjected to the cruelty of living in captivity.
This annual slaughter of dolphins was virtually unknown until 2003 when Sea Shepherd globally released covertly-obtained film and photographs of the now infamous bloody “Cove” in a village called Taiji. Starting in 2010 and continuing to this day, Sea Shepherd has an ongoing presence of volunteers standing watch on site at the Cove. They are The Cove Guardians.
With your help, we will continue to pressure Japan to end this cruel and destructive slaughter of dolphins. Because we are passionate, dedicated, and committed-it may take time, but determination will eventually end this horrific slaughter in Taiji. Please join us and take a stand for Operation Infinite Patience.
• Front displays our Cove Guardians logo, the Jolly Roger logo enclosed by 2 dolphins with the Japanese translation of the text Sea Shepherd. Cove Guardians and Taiji Dolphin Defense Campaign are followed by the Japanese translation of this text. Underneath is the text seashepherd.org
• Back displays the words Cove Guardians, Sea Shepherd, and the Japanese translation of the text Sea Shepherd.
• The left sleeve displays the Jolly Roger logo, with the words Sea Shepherd and Defend*Conserve*Protect
• Anvil 100% organic cotton, high quality garment
• Unisex sizing/fit
• Eco-friendly inks
• Black with color printing
• Wash in cold water with like colors, tumble dry low
• Save the Environment – wash cool & line dry